Saturday, April 27, 2013

Paya Terubong South Hill

There are many nature treasures in Malaysia. In Paya Terubong, Penang, there are hills and one of them is called South Hill 南山 by local. I have not hike for many years for some reasons. It felt great to get in touch with Penang nature again..


The leaf is used for rice dumpling.
The sun shine on every body.




The flower used for herbs, e.g. in cooking laksa. So it also known as 'laksa flower' in laid man and I don't really know the actual name LOL.

I hope the green can be reserved while the city is being developed. Penang state government, please please please.



If you wish to go, look for Kedai Kopi Nan Shan. Opposite of the kopitiam there is a road, take the first left junction and it will lead you all the way up. Some part is pretty steep. My friend's cousin send us up to certain point so not very tiring for us to get to the rose farm. After that we walked down by ourselves. Walking down is not as tiring as hike up. So I am not sure how long it will take to go up there but I can say it is steeper than Penang Hill tar road hiking trail. A friend been there to the top and says there are many flower farm there. I should go again LOL.

Take a look at this http://www.nelson2go.blogspot.sg/2010/09/cameron-highland-of-penang.html, stunning view at the top of the hill.