Sunday, November 16, 2008

Penang Bridge International Marathon on Nov 16, 2008

Finally, finished the run.

This is my first time joining this run. I was surprised there were so many participants, it seems to have exceeded 10 thousand person. For the first 1 to 2 km, it was so crowded that we can hardly run. Thus we were walking fast instead of running. After we got up to the bridge, the traffic seems smoother (yeah, I use the word traffic although there is no car, but there were just too many people and can caused traffic jam :) ). I was a bit disappointed that no drinks were served for 10km fun runner but only quarter/half/full marathon runner. So it reminds me on coming Star Walk on Dec 14. I hope Starwalk still serve 100plus at the mid-point. Luckily there were st johns ambulance patrolling during the whole journey, and ice cube were served, so we felt at least safer.

The sunrise is nice, with some clouds on the sky. I like sunrise but its interval is just too short. Maybe that's what make it a priceless view.

When Sophia and I were at at half of the run, we saw shit on the road. We were surprised who did it on the bridge. If it was not dog then... better don't find out the answer :p During each run competition, I like to look around to distract my attention. This time we saw very punky hairstyle, aunty with high-heel walking to Queensbay (probably she need to go to work there but unfortunately the road are temporary closed for this marathong, thus she has to walk there), people sleeping at the roadside, people running in bare foot and etc. I really admire those half/full marathon runner, their spirit of completing the journey. Some of their legs looks painful when walking to the destination check-point.

Half-marathon for next year? Not for me :) 10km is good enough. I just want to do some exercise which the duration is more than 30 minutes.

7 comments:

Kelly Goh said...

Good Job! MK. My colleague ask me to join but i was too lazy to wake up so early, somemore the bridge close at 2am :(
Anyway, i went hiking at BM hill as well this morning :)

mk said...

Yeah I heard some mainland fun runner actually reach QB very early like 2am because of that reason too. I won't be so semangat if in that situation also (chuckle)

skypaul said...

kong hei kong hei. you did it! I was supposed to join. next year next year...

Ong Kok Meng said...

I've never dreamed that the MK i know will go for Marathon, (even you didn't join the competition). I think I have been away too long... I wonder how everything and everyone will be when I go back.

mk said...

okm, time will change a person :D you are getting slimmer which I can never imagine too :D

tien poh, next year yah :D

Connie said...

Why never share us the photo during marathon? ;P

mk said...

waiting for sophia to share some picture taken using her handphone :)